Traditional Scottish Tattie Scones recipe & cook with me! :)
Hey guys :) Today I’m making ‘Tattle’ (potato) scones….here’s what you’ll need if you decide to give it a go…….
Half pound (225g) boiled and mashed potatoes, King Edwards if you can get them.
2.5oz (65g) plain or all-purpose flour
1oz (25g) Butter
Half teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and mash them with the butter, salt & pepper
3. Mix in the flour to make a stiff dough. The exact amount of flour will depend on the type of potatoes used.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to around 5 to 6 mm thickness.
5. Cut into rounds, use a saucer or small tea plate as a guide.
6.Score the dough to mark 4 equal wedges.
7. Cook in a heavy pan or griddle which has been very lightly greased.
8. Cook each side for about three minutes on a medium heat until the scones are golden brown.
Thanks for watching guys :) x